PRINT | E-MAIL
COMMAND CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT CHARLENE E. SCHERRER
Chief Master Sgt. Charlene E Scherrer is assigned as the Wing Command Chief for the 150th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. She is responsible for the readiness, training, equipping, morale, and retention of a force that defends our freedoms and protects our communities.
Chief Master Sgt. Scherrer enlisted in the Air Force in October 1985 as an Instrument Systems Specialist. As a member of the 436 Avionics Maintenance Squadron at Dover AFB, DE, she maintained the flight data systems on C-5s, C-141s and C-17s. Following the completion of her active duty enlistment in 1989, Chief Master Sgt. Scherrer became a member of the 177th Fighter Wing of the New Jersey Air National Guard as a Fuels Systems Specialist. She then returned to Dover as a member of the 512th Avionics Maintenance Squadron Reserve in the Guidance and Control Component Repair Shop.
Following a 6-year separation from military service, Chief Master Sgt. Scherrer returned to the military as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee Reservist in 1999. She began her intelligence training with the 150th Operations Support Squadron Intelligence Shop in 2000, and completed technical training at Goodfellow AFB, where she was officially gained by the then 150th Fighter Wing in October 2001. Chief Master Sgt. Scherrer deployed in support of Operations NOBLE EAGLE, IRAQI FREEDOM, and ENDURING FREEDOM. She was appointed Superintendent of the Intelligence shop in 2008 where she oversaw the continuity of ACC mandated programs and was a qualified trainer and evaluator. Chief Master Sgt. Scherrer was then hired as the 150th Intelligence Squadron Superintendent in 2011 and managed the hiring and training of 26 full-time technicians and 85 traditional guardsmen. She also oversaw the acquisition of mission required equipment which enabled the squadron to achieve FOC in 2013. She became the 150 SOW Command Chief in January 2019.
1986 Avionics Instruments Systems Specialist, 32531, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1986 C-5 Avionics Instruments Systems Technician, 325X1, Dover AFB, Del.
1987 NCO Preparatory Course, Dover AFB Del.
1990 F-16 Fuels Systems Technician Course, 454X3, Shaw AFB, S.C.
2001 Intelligence Applications Course, 1N031, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2004 F-16 Intelligence Flying Unit Course (TOIC), Luke AFB, Ariz.
2005 Air Force NCO Academy, by correspondence
2008 Air Force SNCO Academy, by correspondence
2010 AFSOC Intelligence Flying Unit Course, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
2011 Senior Enlisted ISR Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2011 Associates, Intelligence Studies and Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Chief Master Sergeant Executive Seminar, Washington D.C.
2014 Bachelor of Arts in Intelligence Studies, American Military University, by correspondence
1. October 1985 –November 1985, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1985–May 1986, Student, Technical Training School, Chanute AFB, Miss.
3. May 1986 – September 1989, Instruments Systems Specialist, 436th Avionics Maintenance Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
4. November 1989 – February 1992, F-16 Fuels Systems Specialist, 177th Maintenance Squadron, Pomona AFB, N.J.
5. February 1992 – May 1993, Guidance and Control Specialist, 512th Component Repair Shop, Dover AFB, Del.
6. November 1999 – October 2001, Intelligence Operations Analyst, Joint Intelligence Center Pacific, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
7. October 2001 – January 2010, Intelligence Operations Specialist, 150 Operations Support Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
(April -May 2002, OPERATION NOBLE EAGLE, Pomona NJ; April-July 2003, OPERATION IRAQI FREEDON, Al Udeid, AB, Qatar; August-September 2004, OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM, Balad AB, Iraq)
8. January 2010–May 2011, Operations Superintendent, 150 Operations Support Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
9. May 2011 – January 2019, Squadron Superintendent, 250 Intelligence Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. January 2019 – Present, Wing Command Chief, 150 Special Operations Squadron, Kirtland AFB N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
New Mexico Outstanding Unit Citation
New Mexico Long Service Medal
New Mexico Good Conduct Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of New Mexico
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Nov. 21, 1985
Airman April 3, 1986
Senior Airman Oct. 3, 1988
Staff Sergeant Nov. 17, 1999
Technical Sergeant Oct. 15, 2003
Master Sergeant Feb. 03, 2006
Senior Master Sergeant Sept. 01, 2009
Chief Master Sergeant Jan. 08, 2012