COLONEL ROBERT M. ROGERS
Colonel Robert M. Rogers is the Commander of the 150th Special Operations Wing, New Mexico Air National Guard, Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, N.M. The 150th Special Operations Wing generates ready Airmen in a variety of skilled career fields for state and federal missions. The 150 SOW, as a Total Force Associate unit, in conjunction with the 58th Special Operations Wing, has a federal mission to train combat-ready Personnel Recovery and Special Operations aircrews and sustain a fleet of H/MC-130J, CV-22, HH-60G, and RC-26 aircraft. The wing also supports federal Intelligence, Targeting, Medical, Security, and Homeland Defense missions. The 150th Special Operations Wing’s state mission is to preserve peace and public safety and protect lives and property.
Rogers was commissioned into the United States Air Force in 2004 following graduation from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and attended Joint Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training at Randolph AFB, Texas. Following graduation he was assigned to the 9th Special Operations Squadron as an MC-130P Navigator. Following two assignments in the MC-130P he transitioned to a Combat Systems Officer position with the 522nd Special Operations Squadron in the MC-130J where he participated in the standup of AFSOCs first MC-130J operational squadron and its first overseas and first combat deployments. In Sept 2014, he deployed as Commander, Joint Special Operations Air Component – South based at Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. His next assignment was as a Formal Training Unit Instructor at the 415th Special Operations Squadron at Kirtland AFB, N.M. In May 2017 he separated from Active Duty and joined the New Mexico Air National Guard. Prior to his current position he served the N.M. ANG as Chief of Plans and Programs and Commander of the 150th Operations Support Squadron.
2004 Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Bachelors of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Prescott, Ariz.
2005 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2011 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 American Military University, Masters of International Relations and Conflict Resolution.
2016 Air Command Staff College, by correspondence
2020 Air War College, by correspondence
1. May 2004 – October 2005, Student Navigator, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, 552 FTS, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
2. October 2005 – October 2009, MC-130P Instructor Navigator, 9 SOS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. October 2009 – May 2010, Evaluator Navigator, 17 SOS, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
4. May 2010 – November 2011, Evaluator Navigator, 353 Special Operations Group, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
5. November 2011 – August 2013, Tactics Flight Commander, 522 Special Operations Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
6. August 2013 – May 2015, Assistant Operations Officer, 27 Special Operations Support Squadron, Cannon AFB N.M.
7. May 2015 – November 2015, Assistant Operations Officer, 415 Special Operations Squadron, Kirtland AFB N.M.
8. November 2015 – October 2016, Executive Officer, 58 Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
9. October 2016 – May 2017, Chief Plans and Programs, 58 Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10.May 2017 – March 2019, Chief Plans and Programs, 150 Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
11.March 2019 – September 2020, Commander, 150 Operations Support Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
12.September 2020 – Feb. 2023, Commander 150 Operations Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
13.March 2023 - Present, Commander 150 Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal Army Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal Combat Action Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 2, 2004
First Lieutenant May 2, 2006
Captain May 2, 2008
Major March 1, 2014
Lieutenant Colonel April 19, 2018
Colonel May 26, 2022
(Current as of April 2023)